On Halloween I had my heart set on making pumpkin soup with what I had on hand but as I browsed through several recipes I couldn’t find one with the ingredients I wanted to use. So I whipped up my own concoction and will humbly say this is the best pumpkin soup I’ve ever tasted — not to mention, the simplest! No need to bake a pumpkin or put anything into a food processor. I know the days of autumn are coming to an end, but I will be enjoying this warm, comforting soup all winter long and have hopes that you will too!
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook and store the garlic into the melted butter until softened.
- Stir the water and let it heat up for 1-2 minutes before adding in the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar or maple syrup (if desired) and cook until heated through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Let simmer on the stove on low heat until read to eat.
- Garnish with a touch of heavy cream, pumpkin seeds, pistachios and/or a sprig of parsley. Refrigerate or freeze extras for easy to reheat sides or snacks.